16 de novembro de 2020

Dia Internacional da Tolerância

 



PHOTO: UN Photo / Manuel Elias

16th November is the UN International

Day for Tolerance

“In a globalizing world, it is no longer enough to live side by side, in passive indifference – tolerance requires active vigilance, renewed each day, against xenophobia, discrimination and hatred.”

 Message by Ms Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO, on the occasion of the International Day for   Tolerance, 16 November 2014

 

 

Watch filmmaker/spoken word artist Trey Carlisle's electrifying performance of his original poem promoting tolerance. (1:59 minutes)

 History Will Be Repeated”   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twt1cBr5WsM


2008 Best Poem nominated by the UN

This poem was nominated by the UN as the best poem of the year 2008. It was written by an African child.

When I born, I black 
When I grow up, I black 
When I go in sun, I black 
When I scared, I black 
When I sick, I black 
And when I die, I still black

 

And you white fellow 
When you born, you pink 
When you grow up, you 
white 
When you go in sun, you red 
When you cold, you blue 
When you scared, you yellow 
When you sick, you green 
And when you die, you gray 


And you calling me colored?

 



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Os autores deste blogue não se responsabilizam pelos comentários do mesmo.